Streamlined backup and data protection, without the cost and complexity
Cloud-first backup, without the cost and complexity
SolarWinds Backup is designed to provide a streamlined, cloud-first data protection service for physical and virtual servers, workstations, business documents, and Microsoft 365™* data in one web-based dashboard. Backup can help reduce the cost and complexity of data protection-without sacrificing speed or reliability. Storage in our global private cloud is included.
Build For The Cloud
- Backing up to the cloud isn’t an afterthought with SolarWinds Backup; it was built for that.
- TrueDelta deduplication, compression, and WAN optimization help make daily backups fast by sending only changed bytes.
- Cloud storage (including archiving) is included at no extra charge in data centers located worldwide.
- AES 256-bit encryption protects backup files in transit and at rest.
No Hardware Hassles
- SolarWinds Backup is a SaaS application-no need to install on or maintain a local application server.
- No physical appliance needed, which helps save you time and money.
- No need to buy, provision, or manage local data storage for your backups. Storage in our private cloud is included.
- Keep an optional local copy of your data using an existing network share or other hardware with LocalSpeedVault.
Flexible Recovery Options
- Get multiple recovery options from a single product, with no extra charges for different recovery methods.
- Leverage fast file- and folder-level recovery and full system recovery with bare-metal restore or virtual disaster recovery.
- Create a standby server via our continuous recovery option.
- Recover at LAN speed via the LocalSpeedVault option if needed.
- Test and verify backup recoverability on an automated schedule with recovery testing
Efficiency and Ease of Use
- Simplify backup management and spend less time on routine tasks.
- Manage server, workstation, document, and Microsoft 365 backups for multiple locations from a single dashboard.
- Automate backup deployment with device profiles to help provide consistent configurations.
- Manage by exception with customizable views and reporting.
Backup shouldn't be complex and costly. Do you find yourself asking…
Is there an alternative to NetBackup for cloud-first server backup?
Modernize with SolarWinds direct-to-cloud backup product.
Why choose a cloud-first backup solution?
Get high performance and reliability while sending less data over the wire.
How can I improve RTO with bare metal backup?
Bare metal backup and restore means fast, flexible and total recovery.
Reduce the cost and complexity of backup, without sacrificing speed or reliability
Spend less time managing backups
You have more to do than babysit backups. The SolarWinds® server backup service gives you back your time.
Fast backup, rapid restore
Deduplication, compression, and fast, optimized movement to and from our global private cloud.
Protect physical and virtual servers and their applications with a single, simple dashboard.
Simple, powerful, affordable
No need to manage storage, configure cloud connections, or worry about hidden costs.
- Byte-level change tracking between backups helps ensure only changed data gets sent over the WAN.
- Proprietary deduplication and compression technology means daily backups are a fraction of selected size.
- WAN optimization helps minimize bandwidth usage; bandwidth throttling is available during business hours for slow network connections.
- Restore only what has changed for efficient recovery.
Data Centers Around the World
- Backup storage in our private cloud is included in your price.
- 30 data centers to choose from, located across four continents.
- ISO 27001, ISO 9001, and other certifications depending on your chosen data center.
- Using one vendor for your backup software and cloud storage simplifies billing and support.
- AES 256-bit encryption is used to help secure files that remain encrypted in transit and at rest.
- Create your own private key or have one generated for you during deployment when using the standalone version. Integrated N-central Backup and RMM Managed Online Backup offer passphrase encryption.
- ISO-certified data centers are located worldwide, with additional certifications by location.
- Role-level access provided in the standalone edition of SolarWinds Backup lets you grant limited access to backups as needed. The N-central and RMM integrated versions use each platform’s access controls.
Microsoft 365 Data Protection*
(standalone and integrated in N-central)
- Recovery of deleted items helps you keep control of your data in Microsoft 365.
- Manage Microsoft 365 backups from the same dashboard as server and workstation backups.
- Up to seven years’ data retention to help meet regulatory requirements.
- Storage in our global private cloud is included.
* Backup for Microsoft 365 includes Exchange™, OneDrive®, and SharePoint data
Orion Platform products can be deployed on physical or virtual servers on-premises or in the cloud. These products can also be deployed via Azure or AWS marketplaces.
|Supported Operating Systems|
|Windows||7, 8, 8.1 and 10|
|Windows Server||2008 SP2, 2008 R2, SBS 2011, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016 (limited), 2019 (limited)|
10.11 El Capitan
10.13 High Sierra
|GNU/Linux||CentOS 5, 6, 7
Debian 5, 6, 7, 8
OpenSUSE 11, 12
Data Sources For Backup
The Backup Manager handles individual files and directories as well as complex systems, such as:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Exchange
In addition, you can back up and recover the configuration of your operating system (the "System State" data source) and Microsoft 365. The N-central integrated version also supports Microsoft 365 data protection.
Available on all supported operating systems
- Multilingual support. You can use the Backup Manager in any of these seven languages: English, Dutch, Russian, German, Spanish, French, or Portuguese.
- Remote management. You can send remote commands to the Backup Managers on your end users’ devices.
- Proxy connections. The Backup Manager can work from behind a proxy server.
- Email reports. Receive email updates on status or recent backup and recovery sessions. This can be done by an end user in the Backup Manager or remotely by a service provider or a system administrator.
- Bandwidth usage control. Help ensure your bandwidth usage never exceeds a specified limit.
|Management Console (Web) Backup Manager||Client-side backup application available in English, Dutch, Russian, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Norwegian
|Virtual Drive||Optionally installed with the Backup Manager, this allows self-service access to backed-up data via local file browser|
|Recovery Console||Multi-instance recovery tool for setting up proactive or on-demand data recovery from servers and workstations to any location|
|Bare-Metal Recovery||Create bootable USB or CD media to recover your system directly to bare hardware without a prior OS installation|
|Server Tool||Self-service tool for managing seed uploads or downloads from almost any location|
|Storage Node Installer||Optional installer for self-hosted storage node|
Unified dashboard - All-in-one protection, one simple view
Protect physical and virtual servers, workstations, and Microsoft 365 data. See your backup status at a glance.
Cloud storage included - Cloud storage included - Direct-to-cloud backups built for security
Enjoy peace of mind with end-to-end AES-256 encryption. Keep your data in region with our 30 private data centers around the world.
Fast backup - Full system recovery without the inefficiency of image-based backup
SolarWinds' unique architecture makes incremental backups small, fast, and light on your network.
Rapid restore - Multiple recovery options from a single backup
Whether you need quick file-level recovery or fast, reliable full system restore, SolarWinds Backup is ready. The optional LocalSpeedVault makes recovery even faster, and virtual recovery gets you up and running quickly.
Backup archiving - Archive backups at no extra charge
Keep your backups securely stored in our cloud, ready to help you meet regulatory or legal discovery requirements.
One-step implementation - Start backing up immediately
SolarWinds Backup is a hosted, SaaS application, so there is no need to download and install the management console. You can skip provisioning local storage and configuring cloud connections. We take care of it for you.
Download the Solarwinds Backup Datasheet (.PDF)